SO ORDERED this ______day of _______________ 2003.
FAIR HOUSING POSTER
LIST OF PALM BEACH COUNTY HOUSING GROUPS
Aspira of Palm Beach
Attention: Cathy Anaya
423 Fern Street, Suite 220
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Fair Housing Center of the Greater Palm Beaches
Attention: Larry Badian
1300 West Lantana Rd., Suite 200
Lantana, FL 33462
Haitian Center for Family Services
Attention: Michaelle Simeus
805 Park Ave.
Lake Park, FL 33403
The Lord's Place
Attention: Suzanne Cabrera
P.O. Box 3265
West Palm Beach, FL 33402
Urban League of Palm Beach County
Attention: Teresa Johnson
1700 N. Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Phone: 561-833-1461 ext. 26
CERTIFICATION OF FAIR HOUSING TRAINING ATTENDANCE
I also have received a copy of the Consent Order entered in United States v. Meadows of Jupiter,
et al., United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Civ. No.__________. This Consent Order was explained to me by my employer and all my questions were answered concerning it. I have read and understood the Consent Order.
EMPLOYEE/AGENT NAME (PRINT)
FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF CLAIMS
I, _______________________, on behalf of myself and family members, agents, heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, pursuant to the terms, provisions, and conditions of the Consent Order approved by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida on_____________________, 2003 in the case of United States v. Meadows of
Jupiter, et al., Civ. No.___________ ("lawsuit") and in consideration of the payment of
_______________ do fully, finally and forever release, discharge, and hold harmless Meadows of Jupiter, Ltd., RMF Properties, Inc., RMF Jupiter Apartments, Ltd., Walter J. Mackey, Jr., Ethel Allen, and Teresa Ventimiglia (hereinafter "Defendants"), along with their insurer Hanover Insurance Company, attorneys, related companies, principals, predecessors, successors, assigns,
affiliates, partners, directors, officers, agents, employers, shareholders, subsidiaries, employees, former employees, heirs, executors, and administrators and any persons acting under their
respective direction or control (hereinafter "Releasees"), from any and all fair housing claims set
forth, or which could have been set forth, in the Complaint in this lawsuit that I may have against Defendants or any of the Releasees for any of Defendants' actions or statements related to those claims through the date of this Consent Order, including claims for damages (both compensatory and punitive), costs, fines and attorneys' fees.
I affirm that the only consideration for signing this Full and Final Release of Claims are the terms stated in the Consent Order signed by the parties, and the monetary payment referenced above. I have accepted the terms of this Release and the Consent Order because I believe them to be a fair and reasonable settlement and for no other reason. This Release and the Consent Order contain
and constitute the entire understanding and agreement between the parties.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL VICTIMS OF HOUSING DISCRIMINATION AT MALLARDS COVE APARTMENTS, JUPITER, FLORIDA
On _________________, 2003, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida entered a Consent Order resolving a housing discrimination lawsuit brought by the
United States against the owners, managers and rental agents of Mallards Cove Apartments. The lawsuit alleges that defendants engaged in a pattern or practice of housing discrimination based
on race or color and familial status (having children under 18 years of age in a family or being pregnant) in violation of the federal Fair Housing Act at Mallards Cove Apartments.
Under the Court Order, a Settlement Fund is being established to identify and pay damages to people whose civil rights were violated by one or more of the individuals or companies listed
above. You may be qualified to recover from this Settlement Fund if you asked about renting, applied to rent, or lived in a Mallards Cove Apartments, and:
- You were denied an opportunity to rent an apartment unit because of your race or color or familial status (having children under 18 years of age in your household or being pregnant), or the race or color or familial status of someone who would be living with you; or
- You were not informed about, or offered, all available apartment units because of your race or color or familial status (having children under 18 years if age in your household or being pregnant), or the race or color or familial status of someone
who would be living with you; or
- You were otherwise discriminated against on the basis of race or color or familial status (having children under 18 years of age in your household or being pregnant) in connection with your tenancy at Mallards Cove Apartments, or your attempt to
rent a unit from these individuals and/or companies.
If you believe you have been discriminated against at Mallards Cove Apartments because of your race, color, or familial status, and if you believe you are consequently entitled to a share of the Settlement Fund, please contact the United States Department of Justice at:
leave message in mailbox X
You may also write to:
United States Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Housing and Civil Enforcement Section
950 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. -G St
Washington, DC 20530
You must call or write on or before [no more than 90 days after ______________, 2003,
and your message or letter must include your name, address, and, if possible, at least TWO
telephone numbers where you may be reached.
1. The United States filed its First Amended Complaint on November 14, 2002.
2. HUD official form 903.1 is available free of charge by calling HUD at (800) 767-7468.
3. All documents or other communications required by this Order to be sent to counsel for the United States shall be addressed as follows: Chief, Housing and Civil Enforcement Section, Civil Rights Division, DJ 175-18-363, United States Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania
Avenue, N.W., G Street Building, Washington, D.C. 20530.
4. Beginning with the second report, unless the fair housing sign(s) have been altered, moved,
or changed in any way from the initial report, Defendants are exempted from this requirement.
Document Entered: November 20, 2003