Victim Witness Program
The Victim/Witness program of the United States Attorney's Office, District of Delaware, was initiated in February, 1993 to assist victims and witnesses involved in the federal criminal justice system. The goal of the program is to maximize efforts to provide for the statutory rights of victims and witnesses while ensuring their fair treatment during the prosecution process.
Various services are offered to victims and witnesses by the program, including notification of case status and case events, education regarding the criminal justice system, referrals to appropriate state and private agencies, supportive assistance, court orientation, accompaniment to judicial proceedings, and advocacy during the prosecution process. In addition to direct intervention and assistance, the program's staff participates on committees and task forces dealing with victim issues, assists with legislative initiatives, provides training and public awareness, collaborates with law enforcement officials in addressing victim needs, and interacts with local victim service advocates and national organizations.
Victims and witnesses may be referred to the program by the assigned Assistant United States Attorney, local or federal law enforcement officials, social service agencies, or client self referral. Services are usually restricted to victims and witnesses involved in pending federal investigations and prosecutions. To make a referral, contact Victim/Witness Coordinator Susan Baldwin in the United States Attorney's Office during business hours at (302) 573-6277 or toll free at 1-888-293-8162 and TTY (302) 573-6274.
Victim Witness Information
- Attorney General Guidelines for Victim and Witness Assistance
- Justice for All Act of 2004 with Crime Victims' Rights
- Administrative Complaint Process and Procedures to Promote Compliance with Crime Victims' Rights Obligations
- Administrative Complaint Form
- Forma de la queja en Español
- Delaware Help Line
- Delaware State Government
- Federal Trade Commission - Identity Theft
- Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force & Fraud Information
- FBI's Crimes Against Children Program
- National Association of Crime Victims Compensation Boards
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- National Organization for Victim Assistance
- Office for Victims of Crime
- OVC Online Directory of Crime Victim Services
- Victim Assistance On-Line
- Office on Violence Against Women