It is the mission of the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of West Virginia to serve the citizens of the United States and the district by: (1) Coordinating the efforts of all law enforcement agencies to combat the threat of terrorism in the district; (2) Enforcing federal criminal law through prosecution in concert with our law enforcement partners; (3) Protecting the communities and citizens of the district from criminal activity; (4) Representing the United States of America in the courts of the district with a commitment to excellence; and (5) Seeking equal justice under law in all cases.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
The United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of West Virginia will pursue the mission of the office in the context of the following values established by the United States Attorney:
(1) The office and its employees will always adhere to the highest standards of professional responsibility, government ethics and excellence in the performance of all duties.
(2) All decisions by the United States Attorney will be made with the best interests of the office and the accomplishment of the mission as the paramount considerations.
(3) The priorities of the President of the United States and the Attorney General will be the central focus of the effort of the office to accomplish its mission.
(4) Every effort consistent with the accomplishment of the mission will be made to provide opportunities for career and professional development and advancement to every employee of the office.
(5) Excellence in the accomplishment of the mission and demonstrated commitment to public service will be rewarded.
The Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of West Virginia prosecutes federal crimes.
The Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of West Virginia defends the federal government in lawsuits filed against it and represents the United States in affirmative civil actions brought against individuals, business entities, and other civil defendants.
The Administrative Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of West Virginia provides support for the litigative divisions of the office.
The scope of responsibility includes personnel management, budget administration, space management, procurement of supplies and services, information technology, and facilities management.
Call 1-855-WVA-FEDS or Email email@example.com if you have information about public corruption in your community.