The Rome Division is located in the county seat of Floyd County. According to the 2002 census, 605,483 residents now call this area home. Rome is a city centered between Atlanta, Georgia, Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Birmingham, Alabama. It has a lovely countryside, a skilled workforce, quality medical care, and an educational institution, Berry College, that was ranked number one in the South by U.S. News & World Report in its 2002 "America's Best Colleges" list. For more information on Rome, visit http://www.romega.com.
The Rome Division also includes the city of Adairsville, Georgia, which is the home of Barnsley Gardens. This beautiful estate has attracted guests since its creation in 1841. General James B. McPherson was so impressed with the estate's beauty in 1864 that he ordered Union troops not to damage the property. Dalton, Georgia, located in Whitfield County and, known as "the Carpet Capital of the World," is also in the Rome Division. With more than 150 plants and approximately 100 outlet stores that manufacture and sell floor coverings. Dalton offers a diversity of selection that is hard to beat. Carpet, however is not the only thriving business in Dalton. Plastics, chemicals, bakery products, denim jeans, and fiber products are also produced locally. The Northwest Georgia mountain area, which includes Dalton has a growing tourism industry. Whitfield County has gained additional tourist business with the building of the Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center. The Center, a full service convention complex, includes both indoor and outdoor exhibit spaces, a lecture hall/theater, meeting rooms, and parking. For more information about Northwest Georgia, visit http://www.northga.net/whitfield.
For more information, contact:
Rome office 706.291.5632 or 706.291.5633
Atlanta office 404.581.6000
Driving directions to the division office - 600 East First Street
- I-75 North.
- Exit 290--GA Hwy. 20 (downhill ramp).
- Turn LEFT (you will go under the expressway).
- Drive approximately 2 miles--ROAD DEADENDS at traffic light.
- Turn LEFT (then).
- Turn IMMEDIATELY RIGHT onto GA Hwy. 411 (Rome).
- Drive approximately 3 miles until Road SPLITS.
- Stay RIGHT on Hwy. 411 (South, Rome Exit).
- Drive approximately 18 miles.
- Road will SPLIT again - go to the right.
- Road name changes to TURNER McCALL BOULEVARD.
- Drive approximately 2 miles.
- Turn LEFT at 4th red light (approximately).
- (Look for CVS Drug Store on RIGHT, but turn LEFT).
- Go 2 blocks -- Courthouse on LEFT.
Park in the Courthouse parking lot.