- Crisis Intervention
- Referrals to human service, medical and other helping agencies
- Court Accompaniment
- Special services for child victims, the elderly, and handicapped victims
- Information on court proceedings and case status
- Language interpretation services
- Crime victims compensation claims assistance
- Help with victim impact statements
- Assistance with travel and lodging for out of town witnesses
Crime Victim Services
The Victim Witness Unit provides a variety of resources and support to victims of crime while they are involved in the justice system.
Crime victims have rights under both Federal law and District of Columbia law. These laws guarantee rights and privileges to victims of crime.