Documents in this category have been disclosed, in full or with redactions, pursuant to previous FOIA requests. While all components post "frequently requested records," or those which have been release three or more times to FOIA requesters, they may also post other FOIA-processed documents which are likely to be of interest to the public.
Frequently Requested Records
- Clemency (pardon and commutation) Application Forms/Petitions
- Clemency Statistics (1900-present)
- Sheriff Joseph Arpaio records - COMING IN FUTURE
Documents in this category consist of policy statements, staff manuals and instructions, final opinions and orders, which are always available without making a FOIA request. The proactive disclosure of these records allows you to instantly access information which relates to the Department's day-to-day operations.
To find information about FOIA requests that have already been processed or are currently being processed by PARDON, you can review and/or download PARDON's FOIA Log for a given fiscal year of reporting. The FOIA Log includes the date received (if tracked), date closed, status, outcome, and subject of the request since we began tracking them electronically. For any log that has “Open” as the status of a request, that report cannot be finalized until a final response has been sent from PARDON to the requester. Accordingly, we will attempt to update these reports monthly until the status of each request is “Closed”.
OPA FOIA Logs
- FY1996-2011 Consolidated OPA FOIA Logs
- FY2012 FOIA Log (Final)
- FY2013 FOIA Log (Final)
- FY2014 FOIA Log (Final)
- FY2015 FOIA Log (Final)
- FY2016 FOIA Log (Final)
- FY2017 to Present FOIA Log (September 30, 2022)
All documents, unless otherwise noted, are available as Portable Document Format (PDF) files, which may be viewed with a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Clemency Regulations, 28 C.F.R. §§ 1.1 et seq.
- Equal Access to Services for Individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
- Congressional Testimony: Recent Presidential Pardons, Roger C. Adams, Former Pardon Attorney, before the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, February 14, 2001
- Federal Statutes Imposing Collateral Consequences Upon Conviction (November 2000)
- Civil Disabilities of Convicted Felons: A State-by-State Survey (1996)
Final Orders and Opinions
- Clemency Recipients
- Clemency Denials
- Associated Press v. United States Department of Justice, Civil Action 07-1384 (2d Cir., Dec. 1, 2008)
- Judicial Watch, Inc. v United State Department of Justice , Civil Action No. 1:01CV00720 (GK)
- Lardner v. Department of Justice, Civil Action No. 08-1398 (D.D.C July 31, 2009)
- Lardner v. United States Department of Justice, No. 09-5337 (D.C. Cir. Oct. 28, 2010) (unpublished)
- Davis v. Leff et al, Civil Action: 1:16-cv-00821 (KBJ)