Assistant U.S. Attorneys
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois seeks to hire diverse, hard-working, skilled, and committed lawyers who have the following characteristics: maturity and good judgment, a demonstrated commitment to public service, excellent writing skills and academic record, and litigation and/or criminal law experience. Applicants must possess a J.D. degree, be an active member of the bar (any jurisdiction), and have at least two years post-J.D. experience.
Interested persons should prepare:
- A cover letter referencing the Vacancy Announcement (e.g., AUSA-NDIL-##-#)
- A detailed resume
We also ask that you consider completing the voluntary form below, to assist in our efforts to promote a diverse workforce.
Please send your completed application package to:
Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney Meghan Morrissey
Office of the United States Attorney
219 S. Dearborn Street, 5th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60604
No telephone calls please.
Positions are open until filled, but no later than the date posted in the OARM announcement.
Application Deadline: See OARM announcement
Those applicants who progress in the hiring process should be prepared to submit the following additional information (and only when requested by the Office):
- Questionnaire (will be provided to the applicant)
- Personal statement (instructions will be provided to the applicant)
- Writing sample (completed within 12 months prior to the application)
- Official law school transcript (to be sent directly from the law school to the Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (related to legal employment and to be sent directly from the recommenders to the Office)