Assistant U.S. Attorneys
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois seeks to hire diverse, hard-working, skilled, and committed lawyers who have the following characteristics: maturity and good judgment, a demonstrated commitment to public service, excellent writing skills and academic record, and litigation and/or criminal law experience. Applicants must possess a J.D. degree, be an active member of the bar (any jurisdiction), and have at least two years post-J.D. experience.
Click here for current AUSA Vacancy Anouncements for this Office.
Interested persons should prepare:
- A cover letter referencing the Vacancy Announcement (e.g., AUSA-NDIL-##-#)
- A detailed resume
We also ask that you consider completing the voluntary form below, to assist in our efforts to promote a diverse workforce.
Effective March 27, 2020, the NDIL will be accepting electronic submissions only.
Mailed packages will not be reviewed.
Please send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.
Positions are open until filled, but no later than the date posted in the OARM announcement.
Application Deadline: See Vacancy Announcement.
Those applicants who progress in the hiring process should be prepared to submit the following additional information (and only when requested by the Office):
- Questionnaire (will be provided to the applicant)
- Personal statement (instructions will be provided to the applicant)
- Writing sample (completed within 12 months prior to the application)
- Official law school transcript (to be sent directly from the law school to the Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (related to legal employment and to be sent directly from the recommenders to the Office)