Community Outreach is a fundamental part of the Department of Justice’s comprehensive approach to fighting crime and protecting and defending the rights and interests of the residents of the District of Puerto Rico. Community Outreach takes many different forms, ranging from Department of Justice driven programs and grants, to public efforts such as community meetings, listening tours, and training and education, both formal and informal.
In all of these efforts, the United States Attorney’s goal is to listen, to learn, and to educate, in order to better achieve the overall mission of the office.
Further information about federal grants available through DOJ’s Office of Justice Programs may be found at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/funding/funding.htm. More general information about federal grant opportunities may be found at http://www.grants.gov/.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office engages in a number of community outreach opportunities in order to establish an ongoing dialogue with the public we serve. By providing speakers, organizing and attending meetings, and planning or participating in specialized programs and events, we are better able to address the public safety concerns of those we serve while enhancing community trust.
Speakers are available to deliver presentations on a wide variety of topics, including (but not limited to):
- Anti-bullying/Cyber Bullying
- Civil Rights and the United States Constitution
- Contacts with Law Enforcement – What to Expect
- Federal Criminal Justice System and the Course of a Criminal Case
- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
- Internet Crimes Against Children/On-line Safety
- Hate Crimes
- Human Labor Trafficking
- Sex Trafficking/Exploitation of Children
- Sex Trafficking/Exploitation of Adults
- TSA – An Overview of Airport Security
- U.S. Attorney’s Office Mission and Responsibilities
The person responsible for facilitating and coordinating community outreach for the District of Puerto Rico is Lymarie V. Llovet-Ayala, Public Affairs Specialist. She can be reached with inquiries by email at email@example.com or by mail, addressed to:
United States Attorney’s Office
Torre Chardon, Suite 1201
350 Carlos Chardon Street
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Main Tel. (787) 766-5656 ; 1-877-872-5656