Skip to main content
Press Release

New Haven Man Sentenced to 41 Months in Prison for Role in Armed Robbery of Hamden Video Game Store

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut

John H. Durham, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that DARIS SNOW, also known as “Eagle,” 25, of New Haven, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Janet Bond Arterton in New Haven to 41 months of imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for participating in the armed robbery of a Hamden store in April 2016.

According to court documents and statements made in court, at approximately 4:22 p.m. on April 27, 2016, two men and two women, who had their head and faces partially concealed, entered the Game X Change in Hamden.  One of the men pulled out a gun and ordered the store’s three employees to get down on the ground.  The man with the gun put his foot on an employee’s back and pressed the gun against the employee’s head and neck, threatening to kill the employee if he did not give him money and the keys to the display case.  The employee complied and the four suspects took several items, including cellular telephones, an iPad, an iPod, “Beats” headphones, and a cash box that contained $830.  The four ran out of the store to a waiting car.

Investigators subsequently identified SNOW, Rashon Gray, Tracey Biggs and Keara Northrup as the individuals who committed the armed robbery of the store.  Gray brandished the firearm and threatened the store employee, SNOW pretended that he had a gun and took the cash box, and Biggs and Northrup stole merchandise.  Investigators also learned that SNOW made threatening statements to and about one of the women who participated in the robbery with him.

SNOW has been detained since his arrest on June 2, 2017.  On November 27, 2017, he pleaded guilty to one count of Hobbs Act Robbery

Gray, Biggs and Northrup all pleaded guilty to related charges.  On April 9, 2018, Gray was sentenced to 77 months of imprisonment.  Biggs and Northrup await sentencing.

This matter has been investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the Hamden Police Department, with the assistance of the New Haven Police Department.  The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Rahul Kale.

Updated April 17, 2018

Violent Crime