Skip to main content
Press Release

New York Man Who Supplied Southeastern Connecticut Drug Trafficker with Cocaine is Sentenced

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut

Leonard C Boyle, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that GEOFFREY GORDON, 51, of Brooklyn, New York, was sentenced today via videoconference by U.S. District Judge Victor A. Bolden to 75 months of imprisonment, followed by four years of supervised release, for supplying cocaine to a southeastern Connecticut drug trafficker.

This matter stems from an investigation led by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Connecticut Statewide Narcotics Taskforce East, Connecticut Department of Correction and the New London, Waterford, City of Groton and Stonington Police Departments, into the distribution of narcotics and illegal possession of firearms in southeastern Connecticut.  The investigation included court-authorized wiretaps and controlled purchases and seizures of heroin, cocaine and firearms. 

According to court documents and statements made in court, Anthony Whyte, also known as “Jak Mac,” of New London, obtained heroin, fentanyl and cocaine from various sources in Connecticut, New York and elsewhere, and distributed the narcotics to others who then sold the drugs to customers and other street-level drug dealers.  Gordon supplied at least five kilograms of cocaine to Whyte for redistribution in Connecticut.

On February 21, 2019, Whyte and several other co-conspirators were arrested.  On that date, a search of Whyte’s New London apartment revealed more than 1.5 kilograms of cocaine; approximately 185 grams of heroin; approximately 100 grams of fentanyl and fentanyl pills; 10 firearms, several of which were stolen; and approximately $25,000 in cash.  Investigators seized additional narcotics, another firearm, and nearly $200,000 in cash from other members of the conspiracy.

Gordon was arrested on August 8, 2019.  A search warrant executed in association with his arrest yielded almost a kilogram of heroin and fentanyl, a 9mm handgun and $29,241in cash.

Gordon has been detained since his arrest.  On April 28, 2021, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute, and possession with the intent to distribute, 500 grams or more of cocaine.

On September 28, 2021, a jury found Whyte guilty of one count of conspiracy to distribute, and to possess with intent to distribute, various narcotics; one count of conspiracy to launder monetary instruments (“money laundering”); three counts of possession with intent to distribute, and distribution of, various narcotics; and one count possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.  He awaits sentencing.

Twenty-Three others charged as a result of this investigation have been convicted.

This investigation has been conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Homeland Security Investigations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Marshals Service, Connecticut Statewide Narcotics Taskforce East, Connecticut Department of Correction and the New London, Waterford, City of Groton, Stonington, Norwich, Old Saybrook and UConn Police Departments.  The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Natasha M. Freismuth and Angel M. Krull through the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF) Program.  OCDETF identifies, disrupts and dismantles drug traffickers, money launderers, gangs and transnational criminal organizations through a prosecutor-led and intelligence-driven approach that leverages the strengths of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.  Additional information about the OCDETF Program can be found at

Updated January 5, 2022

Drug Trafficking
Firearms Offenses