Due to the lapse in appropriations, Department of Justice websites will not be regularly updated. The Department’s essential law enforcement and national security functions will continue. Please refer to the Department of Justice’s contingency plan for more information.

You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Connecticut

Monday, June 22, 2015

Stamford Man Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison for Illegal Gun Possession, Violating Supervised Release

Deirdre M. Daly, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, today announced that on June 19, 2015, FRANK GREEN, SR., 50, of Stamford, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Robert N. Chatigny in Hartford to 48 months of imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for being a felon in possession of a firearm, and for violating the terms and conditions of his supervised release from a prior federal conviction.  GREEN pleaded guilty on March 24, 2015.

According to court documents and statements made in court, in August and September 2013, Stamford Police made two controlled purchases of purported cocaine from GREEN in the vicinity of a home on Amelia Place where GREEN had been residing.  On October 4, 2013, police executed a search warrant at the home and seized from GREEN’s bedroom three small baggies of cocaine, a scale, packaging material, a cutting agent and a loaded .38 caliber revolver.

GREEN’s criminal history includes several state felony convictions and a federal narcotics felony conviction.  In June 2011, GREEN was sentenced by Judge Chatigny to 39 months of imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for his role in a cocaine distribution conspiracy.  He was released from federal prison in April 2013.

On Friday, Judge Chatigny sentenced GREEN to 37 months of imprisonment for illegally possessing the firearm and a consecutive 11-month prison term for the supervised release violation.

This case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the Stamford Police Department.  This case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert M. Spector.

Updated June 22, 2015