Skip to main content
Press Release

Westbrook Woman Sentenced To 70 Months In Prison For Role In Killingworth Bank Robbery

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut

Deirdre M. Daly, Acting United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that JENNIFER JACQUES, 32, of Westbrook, was sentenced today by Chief U.S. District Judge Janet C. Hall in New Haven to 70 months of imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for her role in the August 2012 robbery of the TD Bank in Killingworth.

According to court documents and statements made in court, in the afternoon of August 6, 2012, JACQUES drove Marcus Dwyer and Dario Pabey to the TD Bank on Route 81 in Killingworth.  Dwyer and Pabey then entered the bank wearing masks and demanded that everyone lie on the floor.  Dwyer pointed a gun at bank employees and customers and then jumped over the teller door and ordered the employees to open the vault.  He accompanied the employees to the vault while Pabey controlled the lobby area.  Pabey used zip ties to tie the hands of one bank employee and demanded that the customers give him their wallets, mobile phones and car keys.  As Pabey was starting to restrain a second person with zip ties, Dwyer ran past him with a bag of money that he had taken from the vault.  Pabey followed and grabbed a patron who had surrendered his car keys to him and forced him out of the bank.

Dwyer and Pabey fled in the customer’s vehicle, which was abandoned a short distance from the bank at a pre-planned location where JACQUES was waiting.  JACQUES then drove Dwyer and Pabey away from the bank while they changed out of the clothes they had worn during the robbery.

The investigation revealed that $43,573 was stolen from the bank and its patrons during the robbery.
In September 2012, after an indictment charging Dwyer and Pabey had been returned, JACQUES, without the knowledge of law enforcement, traveled to New York to meet Dwyer, who was a fugitive from justice, and drove him to Connecticut.  On September 19, 2012, Dwyer was apprehended by the FBI and Connecticut State Police in New London.

On October 17, 2012, JACQUES pleaded guilty to one count of bank robbery.  Dwyer and Pabey previously pleaded guilty to the same charge and were sentenced to prison terms of 188 months and 180 months, respectively.

This matter was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Connecticut State Police.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Ray Miller and Sarala Nagala.


Tom Carson
(203) 821-3722

Updated March 18, 2015