Skip to main content
Press Release

Woodbridge Man Convicted Of Fraud To Serve Additional Prison Time For Violating Supervised Release

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut

Deirdre M. Daly, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that JOHN VOLOSHIN, 58, of Woodbridge, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Robert N. Chatigny in Hartford to nine months of imprisonment for violating the terms and conditions of his federal supervised release.

On May 17, 2012, Judge Chatigny sentenced VOLOSHIN to 33 months of imprisonment and three years of supervised release for operating multiple fraud schemes that caused losses of more than $1.5 million to individuals and lenders.  As part of the schemes, VOLOSHIN forged signatures and used fabricated bank account statements, tax returns, mortgage releases and loan applications.  VOLOSHIN was released from prison on May 16, 2014, and began serving this three-year term of supervised release.

Shortly after his release from prison, in an attempt to gain permission from the U.S. Probation Office to travel to London, VOLOSHIN repeatedly lied to and misled his supervising probation officer by concocting a bogus job for a real estate concern in London.  In furtherance of his ruse, VOLOSHIN submitted to the U.S. Probation Office a fake employment letter for a $250,000 job, enlisted the help of another individual to provide verbal and written verification of this fictitious job by posing as VOLOSHIN’s would-be boss, convinced a childhood friend to let him use his credit card to pay for a web hosting service in order to disguise the financial trail tying the payment back to VOLOSHIN, and created three fake websites for his bogus London-based employer, including a website that was pirated from a legitimate real estate firm in London. 

VOLOSHIN has been detained since his arrest on September 9, 2014, for supervised release violations.

The matter was brought by the U.S. Probation Office and additional investigation was provided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney David T. Huang.


Tom Carson
(203) 821-3722

Updated March 18, 2015