Skip to main content
Press Release

Fairborn Man Pleads Guilty To Interstate Transportion For Purpose Of Illegal Sexual Activity

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of Ohio
CONTACT: Fred Alverson
Public Affairs Officer

DAYTON – Thuron L. Hammersley, 44, of Fairborn, Ohio pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court today to one count of transporting an individual from Ohio to Kentucky for purposes of engaging in prostitution.  He also admitted enticing a woman to travel from Kentucky to Ohio also to engage in prostitution and obstructing the investigation into his activities.

Carter M. Stewart, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio, Jocelyn Samuels, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, Kevin R. Cornelius, Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Cincinnati Field Office (FBI), Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl and Miamisburg Police Chief John Sedlak announced the plea entered today before U.S. District Judge Timothy S. Black.

According to court documents, Hammersley met the women on the website and placed ads for them on the internet site offering the women as “escorts.”  He directed the men who responded to the ads to motels in Kentucky and Ohio, where they engaged in sexual activity for money.  He also enticed another woman to travel from Kentucky to the Dayton area to engage in prostitution. Hammersley enticed her by offering her employment, by paying for her bus ticket, and by paying for condoms. Hammersley collected the money paid by the men.

The plea agreement includes a recommended sentence of 78 months in prison followed by five years of supervised release. Under the terms of the plea agreement, the Court will review a pre-sentence investigation report before determining whether or not to accept the recommended sentence.

The case was investigated by the FBI and the Dayton and Miamisburg police departments. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Vipal Patel and Alex R. Sistla and Department of Justice Trial Attorney Betsy Biffl prosecuted the case.

Updated July 23, 2015