Report a Crime or Submit a Complaint
If this is an emergency, contact 911 immediately.
This resource page contains information on reporting various types of crimes to Justice Department components and other government agencies and trusted partners.
Here, you can also learn how to how to submit complaints related to discrimination or civil rights violations and complaints against DOJ employees or DOJ-funded organizations.
- Call your local FBI field office or Legal Attaché Office
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- 800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678)
- For more information see the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section
Submit a report on the Civil Rights Reporting Portal
- Report trafficking crimes or get help:
- Para registrar su queja o obtener ayuda, llame gratis a 888-373-7888 (linea directa y de TTY para personas con incapacidad auditiva)
- Submit an FBI Tip online, or call your local FBI field office or Legal Attaché Office (U.S. citizens overseas)
- For more information, see Extraterritorial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Human Trafficking Prosecution Unit
- Department of Homeland Security
- 866-347-2423 (toll free)
- 802-872-6199 (Non toll free international)
- Report a tip online
- Illegal drug trafficking: submit a Tip online or call your local DEA office
- Report criminals posing as DEA Special Agents, illegal sales/distribution of drugs; suspicious online pharmacies and other drug-distribution-related crimes
- 877-RxAbuse (877-792-2873)
- Report Hate Crimes to your local police and submit an FBI Tip online or call your local FBI field office.
- See Hate Crimes: Get Help Now for more information.
- Para denunciar un delito de odio, informar a la policía local del delito y avisar la FBI en línea o contacte a su oficina local del FBI.
- Los Delitos de Odio: Consiga Ayuda Ahora.
- ATF TIPS: Anonymous tips may be submitted to ATF through the ReportIt® mobile app, available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store, or by visiting www.reportit.com. The app allows users to submit tips about crimes that involve firearms, violent crime, explosives and arson.
- Arson hotline
- 888-ATF-FIRE (888-283-3473)
- Bomb hotline
- 888-ATF-BOMB (888-283-2662)
- Illegal firearms activity
- 800-ATF-GUNS (800-283-4867)
- Firearms theft hotline
- Explosives theft or loss
- Other crimes involving alcohol, tobacco, firearms or explosives
- Report bankruptcy fraud
- Report mortgage foreclosure scams
- Report Disaster-Related Fraud
- Disaster Fraud Hotline: 866-720-5721
- Fax: 225-334-4707
- Submit the NCDF Web Complaint Form
- Write: National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF)
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-4909
- Report Elder Fraud
- National Elder Fraud Hotline
- Toll-free Hotline: 833-FRAUD-11 (833-372-8311)
- Report a Complaint about Waste, Fraud, Abuse, or Misconduct in the Department of Justice
- Report Other Fraud or Public Corruption
- Call FBI Hotline 800-CALL-FBI (800-225-5324)
- Identity Theft
- To report other types of fraud, please see the Criminal Division Report Fraud page
- Report Antitrust concerns
- 888-647-3258 or 202-307-2040
- Report Antitrust violations associated with Recovery Act funding
- Report unfair and anticompetitive practices in the livestock and poultry sectors to FarmerFairness.gov.
- Reporting Intellectual Property Crime
- Public corruption: submit an FBI Tip online or call the FBI Local Corruption Hotline
See USA.gov's Reporting Crimes page for information on how to report and respond to other types of crimes and criminal behavior
If you or someone else has experienced discrimination, contact us by visiting the Civil Rights Reporting Portal.
The Civil Rights Division enforces federal laws that protect people from unlawful discrimination. These laws apply in many settings, including:
- Stores and businesses
- Public spaces
- Public benefits
- Government services
- And more
These laws protect people from discrimination based on many factors, including:
- National origin
- Immigration & citizenship status
- Family status
- Servicemember status
- Genetic information
We also enforce laws that protect people from human trafficking, law enforcement misconduct, and hate crimes.
Information about our language assistance services - This includes instructions in Arabic, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- Report waste, fraud, abuse, or misconduct
- Report violations of civil rights or civil liberties
- File a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility
- File a discrimination complaint against a recipient of financial assistance from OJP and COPS or from other Department of Justice agencies