If you or someone else has experienced discrimination, contact us by visiting the Civil Rights Reporting Portal.
The Civil Rights Division enforces federal laws that protect people from unlawful discrimination. These laws apply in many settings. These include:
- Stores and businesses
- Public spaces
- Public benefits
- Government services
- And more
These laws protect people from discrimination based on many factors. These can include:
- National Origin
- Immigration & Citizenship Status
- Family Status
- Servicemember Status
- Genetic Information
We also enforce laws that protect people from human trafficking, law enforcement misconduct, and hate crimes.
Information about our language assistance services - This includes instructions in Arabic, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- Report waste, fraud, abuse, or misconduct
- Report violations of civil rights or civil liberties
- File a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility
- File a discrimination complaint against a recipient of financial assistance from OJP and COPS or from other Department of Justice agencies