NexGen FOIA Tech Showcase
The NexGen FOIA Tech Showcase will be held virtually on Wednesday, February 9th and Thursday, February 10th, 2022 thanks to the collaborative efforts of the Technology Committee of the Chief FOIA Officers Council (CFO), the Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) at the National Archives and Records Administration, and the Office of Information Policy (OIP) at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Registration for FOIA government professionals is on Eventbrite and closes 11:59 pm on Monday, February 7th.
The purpose of this event—the first of its kind—is to identify FOIA technology solutions for federal agencies in response to existing FOIA case processing challenges raised through the Technology Committee’s research. Additionally, the event is intended to help federal agencies better understand the promise of artificial intelligence and advanced/emerging technology for case processing.
Vendors will share issues, insights, and explore potential solutions in the following areas:
- eDiscovery/electronic record search tools
- Case processing tools (including the collection of records to review for redaction and posting accessible 508 compliant releases)
- Redaction tools (including tools that allow for automatic redaction of similar forms and record types including paper, digital content, videos, data, etc.)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that may assist with FOIA case processing.
- The future of FOIA
- Improved public FOIA reading rooms/websites
- Improving the FOIA customer experience
Vendor Video Demonstrations
All vendor videos are available for viewing on a YouTube playlist.
Vendor RFI Submissions
All vendor RFI submissions are available on OGIS's website (scroll to the bottom of the page).