Civil Rights Division Jurisdiction – What Are We Authorized to Do ?
The Assistant Attorney General (AAG) for the Civil Rights Division has the authority to enforce all Federal civil rights statutes There are a few exceptions for some criminal laws that involve specific aspects of voting rights, civil unrest, fraud, and abortion. Those laws are enforced by the Justice Department's Criminal Division.
- Civil Laws Enforced by the Division
- Criminal Laws Enforced by the Division
- Executive Orders Enforced by the Civil Rights Division
- Executive Order 12250 - Coordination of Grant-Related Civil Rights Statutes
- Executive Order 13160 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Race, Sex, Color, National Origin, Disability, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation, and Status as a Parent in Federally Conducted Education and Training Programs
- Executive Order 13166 - Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency