The Civil Rights Division’s Federal Coordination and Compliance Section operates a comprehensive, governmentwide program of technical and legal assistance, training, interagency coordination, and regulatory, policy, and program review, to assure that federal agencies consistently and effectively enforce various landmark civil rights statutes and related Executive Orders that prohibit discrimination in federally assisted programs and in the federal government’s own programs and activities.
Grant-Related Civil Rights
Photographs from the Title VI Conference on July 20, 2009
Executive Order 12250 provides for the consistent and effective implementation of various laws prohibiting discriminatory practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or religion in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. This section contains information on grant-related civil rights requirements applicable to all recipients of federal financial assistance, as well as those requirements that are agency-specific.
- Title IX Legal Manual (HTML or PDF)
- Title VI Legal Manual (HTML or PDF)
- Investigative Procedures Manual
- Title VI Information
- Title IX Information
- Agency-Specific Resources
- Determining Sources of Federal Assistance (Now with a link to the "Search the Single Audit DataBase")
Limited English Proficiency
Listed here are links relevant to Executive Order 13166 and the provision of reasonable access to services by individuals with limited English proficiency (LEP).
- COR LEP Page
- www.LEP.gov - Clearinghouse website providing guidance and linking to information, tools, and technical assistance regarding limited English proficiency and language access for federal agencies, recipients of federal funds, users of federal programs and federally assisted programs, and others.
- Executive Order 13166
Federally Conducted Education and Training Programs
Setting forth materials on Executive Order 13160, non-discrimination in federally conducted education and training programs or activities.
- Executive Order 13160 Page
- Executive Order 13160
- Executive Order 13160 DOJ Guidance Document (HTML or PDF)
Other COR Activities
Investigating complaints of discrimination filed against recipients of assistance from DOJ, providing Title VI and other training to federal and state agencies, and conducting Technical Assistance Reviews.
|Publications Page: List of important publications covering a variety of topics. |
|Agency-Specific: Materials, regulations, and guidance by selected federal agencies|
|Other Links: Links to other federal grant-related civil rights websites and resources including the "Search the Single Audit DataBase")|
|Index of Contents: List of materials available on COR's website|