Skip to main content

What Happens to Complaints When the Division Does Not Open an Investigation?

The Division sometimes receives complaints about issues that it cannot address.  When that happens, the Division tries to direct the person who made the complaint to another part of the Department of Justice or a different federal agency that may be able to help.  If there is no federal agency that can address the complaint, the Division suggests that the individual contact state or local government officials or a private attorney. 

Updated July 28, 2017