Contact The Division

RFK Building

Before communicating with ENRD, please read the U.S. Department of Justice Privacy Policy for details about how we handle personal information.

By Mail

Correspondence to the Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division including the Assistant Attorney General, may be sent to:

U.S. Department of Justice
Environment and Natural Resources Division
Law and Policy Section
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20530-0001

By Phone

Please call (202) 514-2701 to contact the ENRD Officials listed below:

Todd Kim, Assistant Attorney General (AAG)
Kate E. Konschnik Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General (PDAAG)
Gina Allery Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG)
Matthew Littleton Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG)
Lisa L. Russell Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG)
Seth M. Barsky,, Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG)
Laura A. Thoms, Chief of Staff to the AAG
Amanda Leiter, Counsel to the AAG

Jennifer Neumann, Acting Section Chief, Appellate
Deborah L. Harris, Section Chief, Environmental Crimes
Letitia J. Grishaw, Section Chief, Environmental Defense
Thomas A. Mariani, Section Chief, Environmental Enforcement
Andrew T. Collier, Executive Officer, Executive Office
S. Craig Alexander, Section Chief, Indian Resources
Andrew M. Goldfrank, Section Chief, Land Acquisition
Justin Smith, Section Chief, Law and Policy
James Gette, Section Chief, Natural Resources
S. Jay Govindan , Acting Section Chief, Wildlife and Marine Resources

By E-Mail

E-mails will be forwarded to the responsible individual within the component for appropriate handling. Please include your mailing address in the event that the Department replies via United States Postal Service. Comments on proposed consent decrees should be submitted according to the directions in the pertinent Federal Register notice (and not to this email account). This e-mail account is not available for service of official, case-related or legal documents, and is not monitored for such submissions or for other time-sensitive communications. E-mails with attachments will be deleted because they may contain viruses.

Email the Division

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. I need a lawyer. Can the Environment and Natural Resources Division represent me?

The Department of Justice is part of the Executive Branch of the Government and is charged with representing the United States, its agencies and personnel of the Executive Branch in legal matters. The Department is prevented by law from offering legal advice to private citizens. However, your local chapter of the Bar Association or Legal Aid Society may be able to assist you in locating a lawyer. Many bar associations can also provide references for free legal assistance.

  1. Someone has been polluting in my neighborhood. Who can investigate this for me?

You have many choices. The most efficient route is generally to contact the Environmental Protection Agency office for your region which may be able to investigate directly. ENRD does not typically investigate alleged violations of federal environmental laws until a federal agency, like the Environmental Protection Agency, refers a matter to it.

If you suspect that a violation of a pollution-control law is occurring and presents an emergency situation, you may contact the Environmental Enforcement Section (one of the sections within ENRD). You may also wish to contact your local fire or health department.

If you have direct evidence of criminal activity, you should contact your local United States Attorneys Office, or the Environmental Crimes Section of ENRD.

  1. I suspect that a federal wildlife or marine law has been broken. What should I do?

If you suspect that a violation of a wildlife law is occurring, you should contact the Fish and Wildlife Service office for your region. The National Marine Fisheries Service office for your region should be contacted regarding marine violations. You may also wish to contact your State Attorney General or your State fish and game department.

  1. My neighbor has been filling wetlands, and I think he's breaking the law. Who should I contact?

If you suspect that a wetlands violation has occurred, you should contact the United States Army Corps of Engineers district for your region and the Environmental Protection Agency office for your region.

  1. I think a state law has been violated. What should I do?

You may wish to contact your State Attorney General's office in this situation.

Business Opportunities

DOJ posts its open market solicitations for requirements expected to be over $25,000 in value on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) web site. FedBizOpps (formerly called the Electronic Posting System or EPS) has been designated as the single source for federal government procurement opportunities that exceed $25,000, and provides the public with access to procurement notices, solicitations, drawings, and amendments. Vendors can browse the listings and can also register to receive automatic e-mail notification of business opportunities.

Updated May 9, 2023

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?
Yes No