OLP works closely with DOJ components and other agencies to advance six strategic priorities under the leadership of Attorney General Sessions.
- Protecting our national security by combating evolving threats by terrorists and other foreign and domestic actors seeking to harm the United States;
- Reinvigorating the Department’s commitment to reduce violent crime to make every community safer;
- Restoring the rule of law and protecting civil rights, ensuring that the laws of the United States are enforced and that the Constitutional order is upheld;
- Recommitting the Department to enforcing our nation’s drug laws and combating the opioid crisis—the deadliest drug crisis in American history;
- Enforcing a lawful, constitutional, and orderly immigration system that makes us safer and more secure;
- Committing the Department to good government practices that advance justice and freedom while maintaining budgetary discipline.
Updated January 30, 2018