Skip to main content
Press Release

Third and Final Man Sentenced for Carjacking and Robbing a 7-11 Store

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Missouri

St. Louis, MO – Ahmaad Ali, 24, of St. Louis, was sentenced to 132 months in prison for carjacking, brandishing a firearm during a federal crime of violence and robbery charges.  He appeared in federal court today before U.S. District Judge Ronnie L. White.

According to court documents, on October 17, 2017, officers of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department responded to 3880 Meramec after a report of a robbery and carjacking at that location.  Specifically, the female victim was driving a 2002 Pontiac Aztek and had stopped at the curb to make a phone call.  As she did, co-defendant Jevante Phillips approached the driver’s side door pointing a military style weapon at her.  The victim opened the car door and attempted to hand over her purse; the co-defendant Jevante Phillips refused the purse, and ordered her out of the vehicle.  The victim complied.  As co-defendant Jevante Phillips entered the driver’s seat, Ali entered the passenger side of the vehicle.  Ali and Phillips fled in the vehicle. 

On October 18, 2017, Ali, along with co-defendants Jevante Phillips and Travion Lindsey -- all armed with firearms -- entered the 7-11 store located on Christy Avenue in South St. Louis.  The three arrived at the 7-11 in the stolen Pontiac.  They entered the store brandishing their firearms and wearing masks.  Phillips walked around the counter and began stealing lottery tickets and money from the cash register.  He was armed with a black long barrel pistol grip firearm.  Ali jumped over the counter and began removing the cash register.  He was armed with a black handgun, containing an extended magazine.  Travion Lindsey stood guard at the door and eventually walked over the counter and assisted in removing currency.  He was armed with a black handgun, which he held in his left hand the entire time.  After two minutes inside of the store, the three ran out of the store taking liquor bottles, cigarettes, and candy on their way outside.  The males then re-entered the Aztec and fled the area.   

Co-defendants Lindsey and Phillips were previously sentenced to 108 and 132 months in prison, respectively.

This case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and assisted by the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.  Assistant U.S. Attorney Tom Mehan is handling the case for the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Updated August 1, 2019

Firearms Offenses
Violent Crime