Skip to main content
Press Release

Armed Bank Robber Sentenced To Over 12 Years In Prison

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland – U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake sentenced Loushawn Adaryl Robinson, a/k/a “Cadillac,” age 36, of Baltimore, Maryland, today to 151 months in prison followed by five years of supervised release for armed bank robbery. Judge Blake ordered Robinson to pay restitution of $23,639 and found that Robinson was a career offender, based on two previous convictions for robbery with a deadly weapon and armed robbery.

The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein; Special Agent in Charge Stephen E. Vogt of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Chief James W. Johnson of the Baltimore County Police Department; Colonel Marcus L. Brown, Superintendent of the Maryland State Police; and Carroll County Sheriff Kenneth Tregoning.

According to Robinson’s plea agreement, on September 29, 2012, Robinson and two other men, one of them armed with a gun, robbed the Carroll Community Bank in Sykesville, Maryland. During the robbery, Robinson forced one of the tellers to take him to the vault, but the teller was unable to open the vault. Robinson subsequently zip tied the teller’s hands while she was on her knees in the vault, and closed the door. The robbers fled the bank with $28,411, but dropped $4,772 in the parking lot, which was recovered by law enforcement. Law enforcement followed the robbers and during the course of the pursuit, Robinson crashed his car into a tree near an elementary school and was arrested. Law enforcement recovered the wig Robinson had worn during the robbery, zip ties, and a key to the vault which had been taken from the bank.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein praised the FBI, Baltimore County Police Department, Maryland State Police and Carroll County Sheriff’s Office for their work in the investigation. Mr. Rosenstein thanked Assistant U.S. Attorneys Judson T. Mihok and Gregory R. Bockin, who prosecuted the case.

Updated January 26, 2015