Skip to main content
Press Release

Baltimore Armed Robber Sentenced to 15 Years in Prison for Conspiring to Rob Three Cell Phone Stores

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland – U.S. District Judge Ellen L. Hollander sentenced Justin Jose Snow, a/k/a “J.O.,” age 22, of Baltimore today to 15 years in prison followed by five years of supervised release for his role in a conspiracy to rob three cell phone stores in which Snow used a firearm.

The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein; Special Agent in Charge Stephen E. Vogt of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and Chief Gary Gardner of the Howard County Police Department.

According to his plea agreement and court documents, Justin Snow, his brother Johnny Snow, their cousin Taylor Snow and Arkeene Redditt-Abrams planned to steal cash, cell phones and other electronic devices, and then sell the stolen merchandise. Prior to June 17, 2014, the defendants had shoplifted two to three cell phones at a time from stores and sold them, but decided that they could make more money by robbing cell phone stores of larger quantities of cell phones.

On June 17, 2014, the defendants used a car rented by Taylor Snow to travel to an AT&T store on Dual Highway in Hagerstown.  Taylor Snow entered the store to conduct surveillance.  Justin Snow then entered the store brandishing a gun and directed the store employee to get on the floor. Johnny Snow stood near the door and Redditt-Abrams remained in the car parked outside.  When the defendants realized the store had cameras, they fled in the waiting car.

A few hours later the defendants drove to an AT&T store in Ellicott City, Maryland. Redditt-Abrams entered the store to “case” it.  After he left, the Snows entered with Justin Snow again brandishing a gun. They stole cash, cell phones and tablet computers worth more than $18,000.  Surveillance video at an adjoining gas station captured images of Taylor Snow’s car at the gas pumps and while it was parked in front of the AT&T store.  The video showed the defendants leaving the car and entering the store, and a short time later, running from the store and getting back into the car.

After Johnny Snow’s arrest, on June 24, 2014, Justin and Taylor Snow traveled to Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, where Justin used a gun to rob a T-Mobile store of cash, cell phones and tablet computers.  Police responding to the scene saw their car and pulled it over.  They noticed that Justin Snow appeared to be changing his clothes while sitting in a passenger seat, and recognized clothing that matched witness descriptions of clothing worn by the robbers.  At this point, Taylor Snow, who was driving, pulled away and a high speed chase reaching speeds of up to 100 mph ensued.  As the robbers’ car approached an exit of Route I-81, it abruptly pulled over.  Justin and Taylor Snow were arrested.  A search warrant was executed for the car and police seized 28 unopened boxes each containing a cellphone stolen from the store.

Johnny Devon Snow, age 20; Taylor Yvonne Snow, age 23; and Arkeene Antoyn Redditt-Abrams, a/k/a “Duke,” age 26, all of Baltimore, previously pleaded guilty to their roles in the robberies.  Johnny Snow was sentenced on June 4, 2015 to 150 months in prison. Taylor Snow was sentenced to nine years in prison.  Redditt-Abrams is scheduled to be sentenced on August 15, 2015.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein praised the FBI and Howard County Police Department for their work in the investigation.  Mr. Rosenstein thanked Assistant United States Attorney John F. Purcell, who prosecuted the case.

Updated June 30, 2015

Project Safe Neighborhoods