Skip to main content
Press Release

Baltimore Man Exiled To Over Nine Years In Prison For Robbing Anne Arundel County Fast Food Restaurant

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland – Chief U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake sentenced Terrence Major, age 52, of Baltimore, today to 115 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for robbing a fast food restaurant, pistol whipping and threatening to infect the cashier with AIDS.

The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein; Special Agent in Charge Stephen E. Vogt of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Anne Arundel County Police Chief Tim Altomare; and Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams.

According to his plea agreement, on October 3, 2013 Major walked into the restaurant in Linthicum Heights, Maryland, wearing a ski mask and a backpack.  He pointed a BB gun that resembled a Walther P22 pistol at the cashier and demanded money.  Major grabbed the cashier’s shirt collar and necklace, and pulled her to the front counter area.  He struck her across the face with the gun.  Major grabbed her by the head and pulled her forward, knocking off her glasses.

Major then demanded that the cashier open the register, and said that if she did not comply, she would never see her family again. The cashier replied that she could not open the register without a sale.  Major told her that she had three seconds to open the register or he would shoot her.  Major then withdrew a syringe from his pocket and squirted liquid on the counter, telling the cashier that the syringe was infected with AIDS and that he would stab her with it.

The cashier opened two cash registers, and Major took about $650.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein commended the FBI, Anne Arundel County Police Department and Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office for their work in the investigation.  Mr. Rosenstein thanked Assistant United States Attorneys Scott A. Lemmon and Bonnie S. Greenberg, who prosecuted the case.

Updated January 8, 2016