16 Defendants Charged With Drug Trafficking And Firearm Offenses Following Multi-Agency Investigation
United States Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia, G. F. “Pete” Peterman, III, announced today that an indictment was returned by a grand jury sitting in the United States District Court in Macon, Georgia on May 11, 2017, which charged 16 defendants with drug trafficking and firearms offenses. During “Operation Gang Related”, Federal agents, assisted by state and local law enforcement officers, investigated a large-scale drug organization based in Milledgeville, Georgia. Over the course of the investigation, federal agents seized large amounts of Cocaine Base, Methamphetamine, Heroin and cash.
Penalties for the charges range from a mandatory minimum 5 years up to life in prison without parole. Fines range from $250,000 to $10,000,000 dollars.
All of the individuals were arrested in a multi-agency operation and initial appearances will held in U.S. District Court in Macon.
United States Attorney Peterman stated, “Today’s arrests are the result of an extremely complex, long term investigation involving four federal and four local/state agencies working closely together. It is an outstanding example of what can be accomplished through multiple agencies working cooperatively toward a common goal.”
A copy of the indictment is attached. The indictment is only an allegation of criminal conduct. Each person is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.
The case was investigated by the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, the Ocmulgee Regional Drug Task Force, the Office of the District Attorney of the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District; the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the U. S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the United States Marshals Service (USMS), and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kimberly S. Easterling and Charles Calhoun are prosecuting the case for the Government.
For additional information, please contact Pamela Lightsey at (478) 621-2603.
Those indicted and arrested are as follows:
1) DELMA GODDARD, a/k/a “SHUG”, a/k/a “BIG HXMIE,” age 34, Milledgeville, GA;
2) CHAD DELACY FREEMAN, a/k/a “BIG BONE”, a/k/a “BONE LOCO,” age 43, Milledgeville, GA;
3) CYNTHIA BOLSTON SMITH, a/k/a “CYNT,” age 68, Milledgeville, GA;
4) ALONZO BUTTS, age 43, Eatonton, GA;
5) DEMETRIUS JAMEL HARDEN, a/k/a “MEAT DAWG,” age 31, Gordon, GA;
6) DESHAWN RANSOM, a/k/a “NEPHEW,” age 22, Milledgeville, GA;
7) ERIC DEMETRIUS VEAL, age 44, Milledgeville, GA;
8) EVERETTE HILL, age 50, Milledgeville, GA;
9) DERRICK MOSLEY, a/k/a “D. MO,” age 37, Milledgeville, GA;
10) ISHMAWIYL ABDHAL DAVIS a/k/a “NY, NEW YORK,” age 33, Milledgeville, GA;
11) TRAVIS GLENN, a/k/a “T,TG,” age 39, Milledgeville, GA;
12) EDWARD ANTONIO BROWN, JR. a/k/a “PLUG,” age 40, Milledgeville, GA;
13) MONTAVIOUS JERMELL BARNES, a/k/a “COOT, KOOT,” age 21, Milledgeville, GA;
14) JEVON DESHAWN CLARK, a/k/a “DUB, J. DUB,” age 34, Milledgeville, GA;
15) DEMALE HAMPTON, a/k/a “RAB, RABBIT,” age 40, Milledgeville, GA; and
16) DEMOND MONTERIO DENNIS, a/k/a “DOUBLE DEUCE,” age 32, Milledgeville, GA.