Skip to main content
Press Release

St. Louis Park Man Sentenced to Prison in Cyberstalking Case

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Minnesota

ST. PAUL, Minn. – A St. Louis Park man has been sentenced to 46 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for cyberstalking two victims, announced U.S. Attorney Andrew M. Luger.

According to the defendant’s guilty plea and court documents, between September 2020 through December 2021, Julyen Alonzo Martin, 30, cyberstalked and threatened to kill, injure, and harass his victims. In violation of orders of protection issued against him, Martin sent numerous threats and unwanted messages via text message and social media applications directed at the victims and their families. Martin stated in one series of threats, “I will [expletive] up your life as long as I live. Someone better come kill me right now. Before I kill somebody. You know what I wanna do.” As a part of his cyberstalking scheme, Martin created social media accounts posing as one of the victims online and posted harmful allegations about both victims. According to court documents, Martin also contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (“NCMEC”), falsely alleging that one of the victims was using their work computer to view child pornography. Martin emailed and called the victim’s employer several times claiming the victim was a pedophile being investigated for child endangerment. Martin also posed as a federal agent in furtherance of his cyberstalking scheme and claimed to be an FBI Special Agent intending to search the victim’s place of work for evidence.

Martin was sentenced on September 22, 2023, in U.S. District Court before Judge Susan Richard Nelson on two counts of cyberstalking. Judge Nelson described the case as “one of the most vicious and cruel cyberstalking cases” she’s ever encountered. Judge Nelson reflected on the impact of Martin’s actions on the victims, stating that Martin committed acts “capable of destroying the lives” of his victims.

This case is the result of an investigation conducted by the FBI.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Hillary A. Taylor prosecuted the case.

Updated September 27, 2023

Violent Crime