Media Advisory: Rail Safety Week’s List of Activities
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA – Cedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett proclaimed the week of September 26, 2016 as Rail Safety Week. The attached Proclamation encourages all citizens to participate in activities to reduce crossing crashes and pedestrian/railroad trespass incidents during the week and throughout the year.
U.S. Attorney Kevin W. Techau will be present at the Monday morning event. Joining him will be rail safety experts, representatives from the Iowa Department of Transportation, Iowa Operation Lifesaver, and the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Monday, September 26, 10:00 a.m.
- Crash Vehicle Display – Cedar Rapids Central Fire Station, 713 1st Ave. S.E.
- Interview Opportunities – press release will be provided
Wednesday, September 28, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Rail Display – Downtown Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Iowa Operation Lifesaver’s Francis Edeker – present all day
Thursday, September 29, 9:00 a.m. (CRANDIC); 1:00 p.m. (Canadian National)
- Officer on the Train—Media invited to ride along. Train cab space is limited. Contact the following by noon Wednesday to reserve a time:
- Elaine Duvall, CRANDIC (319) 786-3696
- Tom Skinner, Canadian National, (319) 236-9284
- Operation Life Saver Presentation, 2:30 p.m.
- Downtown Cedar Rapids Public Library
Follow us on Twitter @USAO_NDIA