Skip to main content
Press Release

Concord Man Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Bank Robbery

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Hampshire

          CONCORD, N.H. - Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced that Leeland Eisenberg, of Concord, New Hampshire, was sentenced to five years in federal prison for bank robbery and separately sentenced to five years of probation for possessing cocaine.


          Court filings and statements made in court established that Eisenberg robbed the Citizen’s Bank located at 875 Elm Street in Manchester, New Hampshire on August 2, 2016 at approximately noon. Eisenberg walked into the bank, approached the teller station and handed a teller a robbery note that stated “No alarms. No dye packs. I have a gun and I will shoot you and others if you put a dye pack in. Fill the bag with cash now.”


          A witness in the vicinity of the bank identified the robber as Eisenberg. The witness had known Eisenberg in the past and recognized Eisenberg as he left the bank. An image of the robber taken by the bank’s security system was distributed to law enforcement. Law enforcement officers familiar with Eisenberg also identified the robber as Eisenberg after reviewing the images.


          Eisenberg was arrested by two Manchester officers in the area of the Pine Street Cemetery at 6:42 p.m. on August 2, 2016. At the time of his arrest, Eisenberg had a small quantity cocaine in his possession.


          Eisenberg pleaded guilty to bank robbery and drug possession charges. After serving his prison sentence for bank robbery, he will be on supervised release for a period of three years. He also will be on probation for five years as a result of the drug possession conviction.


          Eisenberg was sentenced on the bank robbery charge on June 16, 2017. He was sentenced on the drug possession charge on June 21, 2017.


          The case was investigated by the Manchester Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Donald Feith.



Updated June 22, 2017

Violent Crime