Skip to main content
Press Release

Former Boscawen Man Sentence To 51 Months In Federal Prison For Oxycodone Trafficking

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Hampshire

            CONCORD, N.H. - Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced yesterday that Patrick J. Brooks, II, 37, formerly of Boscawen, New Hampshire, was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for possession of oxycodone with the intent to distribute.


            According to court documents and statements made during earlier court proceedings, in June and July 2016, a Concord, New Hampshire, undercover officer made a series of purchases of oxycodone from an individual who, during those transactions, told the undercover detective that Brooks had been selling oxycodone to her for eleven years. On July 20, 2016, police officers executed a search warrant on Brooks’ Boscawen home. The execution of the warrant yielded nearly 2,000 30-milligram oxycodone pills and approximately $20,000 in cash. The cash recovered from Brooks’ home included currency that the undercover detective had used to buy oxycodone in one of the undercover transactions.


            After completing his prison term, Brooks will be on supervised release for three years. The cash and other drug proceeds are the subjects of a pending state forfeiture proceeding.


            “The United States Attorney’s Office is committed to working with our law enforcement partners to identify and prosecute those who are responsible for distributing opioids,” Acting U.S. Attorney Farley said. “All too often, the road to heroin or fentanyl addiction begins with the misuse of oxycodone pills. Those who profit from the illicit sales of these pills are contributing to the opioid crisis in the Granite State. We will continue to devote our efforts to putting drug distributors out of business. I commend the efforts of the law enforcement officers in this case for their success in dismantling this significant drug distribution operation.”


            This matter was investigated by the Concord and Boscawen police departments. Assistant United States Attorney Bill Morse prosecuted the case.



Updated June 6, 2017

Drug Trafficking