Manchester Man Sentenced to 36 Months for Unlawful Possession of Firearms
For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Hampshire
CONCORD - Raheem Nigge Taylor, 28, of Manchester, was sentenced to 36 months in federal prison for possession of firearms by a prohibited person, Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced today.
According to court documents and statements made in court, on April 2, 2021, investigators obtained a search warrant for Taylor’s residence after social media posts revealed he may have been in possession of firearms. The search revealed two firearms that matched the weapons Taylor displayed in photos on his social media account. Officers also recovered multiple rounds of ammunition. Taylor, who is prohibited from possessing firearms due to prior felony convictions, admitted that the weapons belonged to him.
Taylor previously pleaded guilty on July 27, 2021.
“To keep Manchester safe from violent crime, it is imperative that we keep guns out of the hands of criminals,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Farley. “Despite being a convicted felon, Mr. Taylor had no respect for the law and continued to possess multiple firearms. Such unlawful conduct will not be tolerated. The law enforcement community in the Granite State will continue to work tirelessly to protect our community by identifying and prosecuting armed criminals.”
“Getting guns away from people who shouldn’t have them is a crucial part of our concerted effort to check violent crime in this city. If you’re a convicted felon, like Raheem Nigge Taylor, who blatantly brandished two firearms, along with multiple rounds of ammo on social media, you should know you’re not going to get away with it,” said Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Division. “We will continue to do all we can to make New Hampshire safer for the good folks who live, work, or visit here.”
This matter was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the Manchester Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Charles Rombeau.
This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), the centerpiece of the Department of Justice’s violent crime reduction efforts. PSN is an evidence-based program proven to be effective at reducing violent crime. Through PSN, a broad spectrum of stakeholders work together to identify the most pressing violent crime problems in the community and develop comprehensive solutions to address them.
Updated November 17, 2021
Press Release Number: 21-199