You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of New Hampshire

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, February 15, 2018

Massachusetts Man Sentenced for Mailing Threatening Communications

          CONCORD, N.H. - Michael Dube, 48, of Tewksbury, Massachusetts, was sentenced to five years of probation and a $16,500 fine for mailing threatening communications, Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced today.

             According to court documents and statements made in court, between March 2, 2016 and June 2, 2016, Dube sent three letters to victims located in New Hampshire, which contained threats to break the addressee’s legs, sexually assault his daughter, and to kill his son.  The letters were postmarked in Boston and delivered to a residence in Sandown, New Hampshire.        

            Dube previously pleaded guilty to three counts of mailing threatening communications.

            “By sending these threatening communications to the victim, the defendant attempted to create a climate of fear and intimidation,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Farley.  “Such conduct cannot be tolerated.  I commend the law enforcement officers whose work led to the successful identification and prosecution of this defendant.”

          “Mr. Dube was blinded by his obsession and oblivious to the impact of his crimes. He carried out a relentless stalking campaign whereby he violated his victim’s privacy and threatened those around him,” said Harold H. Shaw, Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation Boston Division. (FBI)  “Violence through words or actions cannot be tolerated and the FBI will continue to do everything it can to identify, arrest, and bring those to justice who engage in similar criminal conduct.”

            This Sandown Police Department initiated the investigation of the case.  The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Derry Police Department, the Salem Police Department, the Raymond Police Department, and the Tewksbury Police Department assisted in the investigation.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Helen Fitzgibbon and Donald Feith.

 

###

Component(s): 
Press Release Number: 
18-039
Updated February 15, 2018