Skip to main content
Press Release

Nashua Man Pleads Guilty To Armed Bank Robbery

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Hampshire

            CONCORD, N.H. – Daniel Quinn, 48, of Nashua, New Hampshire, pleaded guilty in United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire to armed bank robbery, reports United States Attorney Emily Gray Rice.

            Shortly before noon on June 25, 2015, Daniel Quinn entered the St. Mary’s Bank at 3 Winnhaven Drive in Hudson, New Hampshire wearing a black hat, a mask and gloves, and carrying a knife in his left hand while keeping a brown leather satchel over his left shoulder hanging by his waist on the right side in which it appeared he had a handgun.  Quinn forced all of the patrons and employees, other than those behind the teller counters, to line up against a wall while he robbed one of the tellers using the knife.  After getting the money from the teller, Quinn took one of the bank employees hostage in order to make his escape.  Shortly after Quinn and the hostage left the bank the hostage was able to get away from Quinn and ran back into the bank, while Quinn ran in the opposite direction.  Fortunately, the hostage was not physically harmed.

            The Hudson Police Department responded to the bank within minutes of the robbery and a police canine, which quickly picked up Quinn’s scent, led police to a residential neighborhood close to the bank where Quinn was found hiding in the side yard of a home.  Quinn was taken into custody without incident and the leather satchel, which was found within a few feet of Quinn partially covered with leaves, was seized.  Inside the satchel, the money from the robbery, the knife, the gloves, the mask and other things related to the robbery were recovered.  What had been thought to be a handgun, but which turned out to be a BB gun, was also found in the satchel.

            Quinn, who is facing a maximum prison sentence of 25 years and a fine of up to $250,000, will be sentenced on January 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM.  Quinn has been in custody since his arrest on the day of the robbery and will remain in custody until his sentencing hearing.

            This case was investigated by the FBI and the Hudson, NH Police Department and is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Arnold H. Huftalen.

Updated September 13, 2016

Violent Crime