Skip to main content
Press Release

Nashua Man Sentenced To 63 Months In Prison For Armed Bank Robbery

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Hampshire

          CONCORD, N.H. - Daniel Quinn, 48, of Nashua, New Hampshire, was sentenced to serve 63 months in federal prison for armed bank robbery, announced Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley.


          According to court records and statements in court, shortly before noon on June 25, 2015, Quinn entered the St. Mary’s Bank in Hudson, New Hampshire wearing a black hat, a mask and gloves, and carrying a knife in his left hand while keeping a brown leather satchel over his left shoulder hanging by his waist on the right side in which it appeared he had a handgun. Quinn forced all of the patrons and employees, other than those behind the teller counters, to line up against a wall while he robbed one of the tellers using the knife. After getting the money from the teller, Quinn took one of the bank employees hostage in order to make his escape. Shortly after Quinn and the hostage left the bank the hostage was able to get away from Quinn and ran back into the bank, while Quinn ran in the opposite direction. Fortunately, the hostage was not physically harmed.


          The Hudson Police Department responded to the bank within minutes of the robbery. A police canine, which quickly picked up Quinn’s scent, led police to a residential neighborhood close to the bank where Quinn was found hiding in the side yard of a home. Quinn was taken into custody without incident and the leather satchel, which was found within a few feet of Quinn partially covered with leaves, was seized. Inside the satchel, the money from the robbery, the knife, the gloves, the mask and other things related to the robbery were recovered. A BB gun, was also found in the satchel.


          In imposing sentence today, United States District Judge Landya B. McCafferty told Mr. Quinn that his conduct at the bank that day was an act of terror.


          Quinn pleaded guilty on September 13, 2016. After serving his prison sentence, Quinn will be on supervised release for three years.


          This case was investigated by the FBI and the Hudson, NH Police Department and was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Arnold H. Huftalen.




Updated June 16, 2017

Violent Crime