After you contact DOJ, we will talk to you about your experience. After that, we may do one or more of the following:
- Investigate the state, county, or municipality related to your complaint;
- Decide whether to file a lawsuit;
- Inform the state, county, or municipality of RLUIPA's application and legal protections;
- Gather evidence;
- Attempt to negotiate and settle the lawsuit;
- Argue the case at trial; or
- Encourage you to consult with a private attorney about what rights you may have under RLUIPA or other federal, state, or local laws.
We will keep you updated on where we are in the process.
Updated November 7, 2018