How to Submit an FBI Whistleblower Complaint to OPR
Any current, former, or prospective employee of the FBI who believes that they have suffered an actual or threatened adverse personnel action in retaliation for having made a protected disclosure may file an FBI whistleblower retaliation complaint with OPR.
FBI whistleblower complaints may be submitted to OPR by mail or e-mail. Please include the following information in the complaint:
- Your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, as well as that of your attorney (if any).
- The title and location of your position at the FBI at the time you made your disclosure or, if you are an applicant for employment with the FBI, the title of the position(s) for which you applied.
- A detailed description of each alleged disclosure(s) you made evidencing any violation of any law, rule, or regulation; gross mismanagement; a gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety; the date of each disclosure; and the name and title of each individual or office to whom each disclosure was made.
- Each alleged personnel action taken against you, including the date of each action and the name and title of the person(s) responsible for each action.
- Why you believe the personnel action(s) was taken or threatened in retaliation for your disclosure(s).
- The specific remedy or relief sought.
- Copies of any documents that support your allegations.
- Any other information relevant to your complaint.
Submit the FBI whistleblower complaint containing the above information to OPR by using our online form:
Click here to access the form
Alternatively, you may submit the FBI whistleblower complaint to OPR by mail:
Director and Chief CounselOffice of Professional Responsibility
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Suite 3266
Washington, DC 20530-0001