Due to the lapse in appropriations, Department of Justice websites will not be regularly updated. The Department’s essential law enforcement and national security functions will continue. Please refer to the Department of Justice’s contingency plan for more information.

You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Idaho

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Boise Man Sentenced For Conspiring To Distribute Meth

BOISE – Terry Lee O’Brien, 53, of Boise, Idaho, was sentenced today in United States District Court to 66 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute 50 grams or more of actual methamphetamine, U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson announced. O’Brien appeared this morning before U.S. District Judge Edward J. Lodge at the federal courthouse in Boise.

On April 11, 2013, O’Brien pleaded guilty to count one of the indictment charging him and two others with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine in Idaho. According to court documents, O’Brien admitted that between March 29 and May 21, 2012, he conspired with his co-defendants, Christopher Palacios and Krystal Amber Reese, to distribute methamphetamine in the Twin Falls area.

Christopher Palacios, a/k/a “Paco,” 40, of Filer, Idaho, pleaded guilty on February 26, 2013, to count one of the indictment. He faces a minimum term of 10 years in prison, a maximum fine of $10 million, and at least five years of supervised release. Sentencing is set for August 13, 2013.

Krystal Amber Reese, 31, of Filer, pleaded guilty today to count 10 of the indictment charging her with possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine. According to court documents, Reese admitted that she knowingly possessed with intent to distribute approximately 27.10 grams of a mixture and substance containing at least five grams of actual methamphetamine. She faces a minimum term of five years in prison, a maximum fine of $5 million, and at least four years of supervised release. Sentencing is set for September 23, 2013.

The case was investigated by the Idaho State Police.

Updated December 15, 2014