Jeremiah M. Guesby Indicted for Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana
TOPEKA, KAN. – Jeremiah M. Guesby, 18, of Topeka, Kansas, has been indicted and arrested on federal charges of violation of 21 U.S.C. 841(a)(1), Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana and 18 U.S.C. 924(c)(1)(A), Possession of a Firearm in Furtherance of a Drug Trafficking Crime.
“This case highlights the importance of the strong working relationships among federal, state and local law enforcement,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Duston Slinkard.
Upon conviction, the crimes carry the following penalties:
21 U.S.C. 841(a)(1) Possession with the Intent to Distribute Marijuana
- Punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed five (5) years.
- A fine not to exceed the greater of that authorized in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 3571(b)(3) or $250,000.00.
- Or both, and
- A term of supervised release of at least two (2) years.
- A mandatory special assessment of $100.00.
18 U.S.C. 924(c)(1)(A) and Possession of a Firearm During and in Relation to Drug Trafficking Crime
- A term of imprisonment of not less than five (5) years and no more than life to run consecutive to any term of imprisonment imposed for the drug trafficking crime during which the firearm was possessed.
- A fine not to exceed $250,000.00.
- A term of supervised release not to exceed five (5) years.
- A mandatory special assessment of $100.00 per count of conviction.
An initial appearance for Mr. Guesby is scheduled for March 8, 2021, at 1:00, before U.S. Magistrate Judge Angel D. Mitchell.
This case is a joint investigation being conducted by the Topeka Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jared Maag is prosecuting the case.
In all cases, defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. The indictments merely contain allegations of criminal conduct.