Topeka Man Pleads Guilty To Five Bank Robberies
TOPEKA, KAN. – A Topeka man pleaded guilty Wednesday to five bank robberies in four states, U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said.
Dakota Shareef Walker, 21, Topeka, Kan., pleaded guilty to the following robberies:
- U.S. Bank, 5730 Southwest 21st, Topeka, Nov. 28, 2016.
- U.S. Bank, 221 West Gregory Blvd, Kansas City Missouri, Nov. 23, 2016.
- U.S. Bank, 748 Main Street, Evanston, Wyo, Dec. 6, 2016.
- U.S. Bank, 25 East 50 South, Malad City, Idaho, Dec. 14, 2016.
- Wells Fargo Bank, 5 North State Street, Preston, Idaho, Jan. 9, 2017.
In each case, Walker gave tellers a note warning not them not to activate any alarms or to make any sudden moves.
Sentencing is set for April 16. All parties have agreed to recommend a sentence in a range from 57 and 96 months in federal prison. Beall commended the FBI, the Topeka Police Department and Assistant U.S. Attorney Jared Maag for their work on the case.