- Immediate Assistance (911)
- Tennessee Criminal Injury Compensation (615-741-2734)
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (1-855-558-6484)
- Tennessee Voices for Victims (615-513-8707)
- End Slavery Tennessee (615-806-6899)
- Sexual Assault Center (1-800-879-1999)
- Nashville Child Advocacy Center (615-327-9958)
- Our Kids Center (1-877-237-0004)
- TN Coalition to End Domestic & Sexual Violence (615-386-9406)
- YWCA Domestic Violence (615-269-9922)
- Nashville Rescue Mission (615-255-2475)
- Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-482-5964)
- National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-373-7888)
- Teen Dating Abuse Hotline (1-866-331-9474)
- Elder Abuse Hotline (1-800-484-8049)
Crime Victim Information
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime
- National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) [external link]
- National Center for Victims of Crime [external link]
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
Fraud & Identity Theft
Identity theft is when someone uses your personal information such as your Social Security Number or credit card without your permission. If you are a victim of identity theft:
- Check your accounts.
- Contact all creditors and financial institutions.
- Place a fraud alert on your social security number, and obtain a copy of your credit report.
- Contact the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) no-cost victim assistance number: 1-888-400-5530 or www.idtheftcenter.org. [external link] The ITRC can provide victims with valuable information and give you detailed information on what you need to file.
- Run your credit report quarterly.
- Contact one of the three companies to place an alert.
Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you’re entitled to order free copies of your credit reports, and, if you ask, only the last four digits of your SSN will appear on your credit reports.
- National Fraud Information Center [external link]
- Federal Trade Commission
- Identity Theft Resource Center [external link]
- Department of Justice - I.D. Theft & Fraud
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Annual Credit Report [external link]
- Violence Against Women & Family Protection Office
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence [external link]
- National Domestic Violence Hotline [external link]
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center [external link]
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network [external link]
- Sexual Assault Response Advocates - Nationwide Hotline [external link]
Child Victims And Violent Crime
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children [external link]
- Parents of Murdered Children [external link]
- National Center for Abused and Neglected Kids [external link]
Elder Abuse & Exploitation