Due to the lapse in appropriations, Department of Justice websites will not be regularly updated. The Department’s essential law enforcement and national security functions will continue. Please refer to the Department of Justice’s contingency plan for more information.

You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Western District of Missouri

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Lebanon Man Indicted for Illegal Firearms Following Standoff with Officers

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Tammy Dickinson, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Lebanon, Mo., man was indicted for being a felon in possession of firearms following an eight-hour-long standoff with law enforcement officers while he was in the attic space of a friend’s residence.


Jesse D. Ivey, 39, of Lebanon, was charged in a two-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield, Mo.


Today’s indictment alleges that Ivey, having been convicted of a felony, was in possession of a Charter Arms .38-caliber revolver, a high Standard .2-caliber pistol, a Ruger .357-caliber revolver and a Savage .30-06 rifle on Jan. 5, 2016.


The indictment also alleges that Ivey was in possession of a Bushmaster AR-15 .223-caliber rifle on Feb. 10, 2016.


Ivey was arrested on Feb. 10, 2016, after an approximately eight-hour-long standoff with law enforcement officers. Officers entered a residence in Lebanon while searching for Ivey and found the Bushmaster rifle lying on the floor of the second-floor master bedroom. They heard Ivey in the attic space above the bedroom and directed him to come out of the attic space, but he refused to surrender. Ivey finally surrendered about eight hours later, at 8:37 p.m.


Dickinson cautioned that the charges contained in this indictment are simply accusations, and not evidence of guilt. Evidence supporting the charges must be presented to a federal trial jury, whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.


This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Patrick Carney. It was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Laclede County, Mo., Sheriff’s Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Updated May 3, 2016