Canyon Lake Man Sentenced to 30 Years on Child Pornography Charges
SAN ANTONIO – A Canyon Lake man was sentenced Thursday to 360 months in prison and lifetime supervised release for distribution and receipt of child pornography.
According to court documents, Seth Perricone, 48, shared more than 115,000 files of child sexual abuse material over the internet. In July, a federal jury found Perricone guilty of six counts of distribution of child pornography and one count of receipt of child pornography. An investigation found that Perricone had been downloading and distributing child exploitation material since 2012, some of which depicted children as young as toddlers being sexually assaulted by adults.
“Child pornography violations are horrific crimes that plague victims long after their original abuse,” said U.S. Attorney Jaime Esparza of the Western District of Texas. “With this lengthy sentence by the court, the victims in this case were given the justice they deserve.”
“This sentencing of 30 years in federal prison illustrates the severity of Seth Perricone’s crimes against innocent children,” said Special Agent in Charge Oliver E. Rich Jr. of the FBI San Antonio Division. “Working with our law enforcement partners, the FBI will continue to do everything in our power to protect children from dangerous predators.”
The FBI investigated the case.
Assistant U.S. Attorneys Tracy Thompson and William Calve prosecuted the case.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice. Led by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and CEOS, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.justice.gov/psc.