Skip to main content

Primary tabs

Criminal Resource Manual

59. Step 7—Prosecuting a Juvenile Who Has Been Ordered Transferred to Adult Status

If a transfer motion is granted, you must either seek to indict the juvenile, or supersede the pending indictment of the juvenile's adult codefendants, and treat the juvenile as an adult defendant for all trial and sentencing purposes. Be aware that the juvenile may file an interlocutory appeal of the court's decision granting the transfer to adult status.

[cited in Criminal Resource Manual 48]