|UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
_______ DISTRICT OF ________
IN THE MATTER OF
THE EXTRADITION OF Misc. No.
COMPLAINT FOR PROVISIONAL ARREST
WITH A VIEW TOWARDS EXTRADITION
(18 U.S.C. sec. 3184)
I, the undersigned Assistant United States Attorney, being duly sworn, state on information and belief that the following is true and correct:
WHEREFORE, the undersigned complainant requests that a warrant for the arrest of the a forenamed person be issued in accordance with Title 18, United States Code, Section 3184, and the Extradition Treaty between the United States and ______.
- In this matter I act for and on behalf of the Government of _________________;
- There is an Extradition Treaty in force between the United States and ______________________, ________[cite]___________;
- The treaty provides in Article ____ for the provisional arrest and detention of fugitives pending the submission of a formal request and supporting documents;
- In accordance with Article __ of the treaty, the Government of ____ has asked the United States for the provisional arrest of ____[name of fugitive]____ with a view towards his/her extradition;
- According to the information provided by the requesting state in the form authorized by the treaty, ___[name of fugitive]____ was charged with ____ count(s) of ___[offense___], in violation of Section ___ of the Criminal Code of _______, committed within the jurisdiction of __________ and a warrant for his arrest was issued on __[date]__ by ________, a ___[judge/magistrate___] of __________;
- The warrant was issued on the basis of the following facts:
- The offense with which ___[name of fugitive___] is charged is provided for in Article ___ of the Extradition Treaty cited above;
- __[Name of fugitive]___ may be found within the jurisdiction of this court ___[give location]___,
- The requesting state has represented that it will submit a formal request for extradition, supported by the documents specified in the treaty, within ___days, as required by Article ___of the Extradition Treaty.
Sworn to before me and subscribed in my presence this ___ day of _________, 199_, at ___[city, state___].
ASSISTANT UNITED STATES ATTORNEY
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE