Skip to main content
Press Release

Anchorage Man Sentenced to 60 Months

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Alaska

Anchorage, Alaska-U.S. Attorney Karen L. Loeffler announced today that a man from Anchorage, Alaska was sentenced in federal court in Anchorage for robbing two banks in February and March 2014.

Cameron Patrick Fergerson, age 25, from Anchorage, Alaska was sentenced on Thursday, July 10, 2014, by United States District Court Judge Sharon L. Gleason, at the United States District Courthouse in Anchorage.  Fergerson received a sentence of 60 months in prison and 3 years of supervised release for his convictions of two counts of bank robbery.

On February 25, 2014, at the Credit Union 1 bank located on Abbot Road in Anchorage, Fergerson approached a bank teller and handed her a note demanding money.  As the teller was counting out money, Fergerson snatched $1,600 from her and then ran out the door.  On March 1, 2014, at the Alaska USA bank located on W. Dimond Blvd., Fergerson approached a bank teller and handed her a note demanding money.  The bank teller handed Fergerson $2,078 that he then stuffed into his pockets before running out the door.  During both robberies Fergerson was dressed in a similar fashion, wearing a black leather jacket with a hood pulled up, a baseball hat, and sunglasses. 

Before imposing a sentence, Judge Gleason commented that the defendant has a long criminal history of theft related offenses and this was demonstrative of an individual that had shown a lack of respect for the law.  Judge Gleason noted that it must have been a frightening experience for the bank tellers when the defendant approached them and handed them a note demanding money.  Judge Gleason also commented about how the public needs to have confidence that when they go to or use financial institutions that there is a low likelihood of these types of crimes occurring.

            Ms. Loeffler commended the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Anchorage Police for the investigation leading to the successful prosecution of Mr. Fergerson.

Updated February 9, 2015