Skip to main content
Press Release

District Man Convicted of Murdering Woman Who Went Missing in 2010 and Has Never Been Found

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia
GPS and Other Evidence Led to Defendant’s Arrest

            WASHINGTON – Isaac Moye, 46, of Washington D.C., was sentenced today by Judge Anthony Epstein to 35 years in prison and five years of supervised release for the second-degree murder of Unique Harris, a 24-year-old woman who went missing from her home in October 2010 and whose body has never been found. The sentence was announced by U.S. Attorney Matthew M. Graves and Acting Chief Pamela Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department.

            Moye was convicted at trial on June 23, 2023. According to the evidence presented at trial, on October 9, 2010, Unique Harris hosted a sleepover for her young children and their nine-year-old cousin at her home in Southeast Washington, D.C. At approximately 9:30 p.m. that night, Harris put the children to bed. At 10:39 p.m., Isaac Moye, a man she had known for only two months, arrived at her home, calling her on her cell phone just moments before entering her building. The next morning, the three children awoke to find their mother gone. Her cell phone and keys were also missing. Her purse and all its contents, including her identification and credit cards were left behind. The eyeglasses she never left home without were also there in the home. Her sofa had been mutilated, a hole cut in the fabric, a section of foam removed. There was no blood, no sign of struggle. And she was never seen or heard from again. 

            Over the course of the next few years, Isaac Moye was interviewed multiple times by members of the Metropolitan Police Department. He changed his story between interviews – denying, then admitting, then denying that he and Unique Harris had ever been intimate, denying that he had ever been in her home overnight, and denying that he had seen her the day that she went missing. Eventually, Moye’s semen was identified on the mutilated sofa cushion and his GPS records placed him at the decedent’s home for the entire night. Moye also made statements to another person, who testified that Moye said there was a missing girl, but that police were “never going to find her” because he “did it, but did it the right way.” Ms. Harris was reported missing on Oct. 10, 2010. Moye was arrested and charged with the murder on Dec. 19, 2020. He has been in custody ever since.

            This case was investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department and was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys S. Vinét Bryant and Erin DeRiso.

Updated September 15, 2023

Violent Crime
Press Release Number: 23-551