Skip to main content
Press Release

District Man Pleads Guilty in Separate Cases to Sexually Assaulting His Two Daughters and Threatening Special Police Officers

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia
Defendant Sexually Abused Girls in Their Mother's Home

            WASHINGTON – A 33-year-old man, of Washington, D.C., pled guilty today to first-degree child sexual abuse of his 14-year-old daughter and attempted first-degree child sexual abuse of his 12-year-old daughter, as well as attempted possession of a prohibited weapon and threats charges against two Special Police Officers, U.S. Attorney Channing D. Phillips announced.


            The man, who is not identified here to protect the privacy of the victims in the sexual assault case, pled guilty in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. The plea, which is contingent upon the Court’s approval, calls for a sentence of 14 years in prison. The Honorable José M. Lopez set a hearing for March 17, 2017 to determine whether the plea and sentence will be accepted.


            According to the government’s investigation in the sexual assault case, the defendant had sexually abused his older daughter several times in the past year, while he had been sexually abusing his younger daughter since she was approximately eight years old. On one occasion that took place on or around Sept. 1, 2016, the defendant penetrated his older daughter’s vagina with his penis while they were at her mother’s home. On another occasion, which took place on or about Oct. 2, 2016, the defendant was at their mother’s home when he had his younger daughter perform oral sex on him. The defendant asked his younger daughter if she “liked” performing oral sex, to which she responded, “No.” The defendant then met with both daughters and apologized to them for his actions. It was then that the girls learned they were both victims of the defendant’s sexual abuse. The girls then decided to disclose the incidents to their aunt, ultimately leading to the defendant’s arrest.


            In the defendant’s other case, the government’s investigation revealed that the defendant had been barred from a homeless shelter in Northeast Washington on April. 29, 2016. The defendant entered the shelter on Aug. 29, 2016, and was immediately told by two Special Police Officers to leave the facility. The defendant left but returned moments later, at which point he pulled out a knife and threatened to fight and stab the Special Police Officers. After the Special Police Officers ordered the defendant several times to put down the knife, the defendant walked up the street, at which point an officer from the Metropolitan Police Department stopped the defendant and placed him under arrest.


            In announcing the plea, U.S. Attorney Phillips praised the work of detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Youth Investigations Division, which investigated the sexual-assault case, and members of the MPD’s Fifth District who were involved in the threats case. He acknowledged the efforts of those who worked on the case from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, including Paralegal Specialist Angelina Slagle and Victim/Witness Advocate Lezlie Richardson. Finally, he commended Assistant U.S. Attorneys Danny Nguyen and Maryam Adeyola, who investigated and prosecuted this case.

Updated January 5, 2017

Press Release Number: 17-003