Due to the lapse in appropriations, Department of Justice websites will not be regularly updated. The Department’s essential law enforcement and national security functions will continue. Please refer to the Department of Justice’s contingency plan for more information.

You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Columbia

Friday, January 25, 2013

District Man Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison For Assaulting Another Man Inside Metro Station– Victim Fell Onto The Track At L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station–

     WASHINGTON - Roderick Hill, also known as Rodrick Delvon Hill, 22, of Washington, D.C., was sentenced today to 18 months in prison for assaulting another man last year inside the L’Enfant Plaza Metro station, announced U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. 

     Hill pled guilty in September 2012 in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia to a charge of assault with significant bodily injury.  He was sentenced by the Honorable Heidi M. Pasichow. Following his prison term, Hill will be placed on three years of supervised release.

     This was the second sentencing for Hill this week. On Jan. 23, 2013, he was sentenced in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to a 20-month prison term for assaulting a Deputy United States Marshal. Hill struck the deputy marshal with a closed fist numerous times in the face and head area while he was in Superior Court for a hearing in June 2012 in the case involving the assault at the Metro station.

     The attack at the L’Enfant Plaza Metro station took place at about 9:10 p.m. on June 3, 2012. Hill struck a man with a closed fist. The blow was with such force that it caused the victim to fall from the platform onto the train track, causing him to lose consciousness momentarily.   Other bystanders helped the victim get back onto the platform.  Hill left the scene, but the police canvassed the area and later found him inside the Minnesota Avenue Metro station.  The victim was transported to the hospital that evening for immediate medical care.  As a result of the assault, the victim suffered a broken jaw and had to wear a wire for four weeks. 

     Judge Pasichow ordered that Hill’s sentence be run consecutively to the sentence in the federal court matter, meaning that Hill now faces a total of 38 months of incarceration.

     In announcing today’s sentence, U.S. Attorney Machen praised the work of the Metro Transit Department, which investigated the case. He also commended the efforts of Assistant U.S. Attorneys Emory V. Cole and John C. Truong, who investigated and prosecuted the case.


Updated February 19, 2015