Skip to main content
Press Release

Washington D.C. Man Pleads Guilty to Murder and Assault Charges in Connection With a Triple Shooting

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia
Victims Were Assaulted in a Drive-By Shooting in 2020 in Southeast

            WASHINGTON – Glenn Dolford, 30, of Washington, D.C. pleaded guilty to one count of 2nd degree murder while armed, one count of aggravated assault while armed and one count of assault with a deadly weapon for the murder of Raheem Murray and shooting of Corvell Hayden and Marco Harper on February 2, 2020 (Superbowl Sunday) in the 4000 block of 3rd Street, SE.  Dolford entered his guilty pleas on February 17, 2023 before Judge Maribeth Raffinan.  A sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 25, 2023.

            On February 2, 2020, at approximately 4:00 PM, a dark colored sedan pulled into the 4000 block of 3rd Street, SE, where the three victims were standing on the sidewalk discussing where they were going to watch the Superbowl.  As they chatted, the dark colored sedan pulled into the block and slowed to a stop in the middle of the street.  Once the car was stopped, two individuals got out of the passenger side of the car and began shooting rifle styled firearms at the three victims.  The defendant, got out of the back passenger side door while firing his weapon. Victims Corvell Hayden and Marco Harper immediately took off running from the scene, both sustained gunshot wounds.  Corvell Hayden was shot ten times, Marco Harper was shot twice, and Raheem Murray fell to the ground. As the victims fled and Mr. Murray fell and the fifty-seven rounds of ammunition littered the block, two young children ages 4 and 6 who were not injured, also fled the scene with their father.  As the onslaught continued and after Mr. Murray fell to the ground, the defendant ran to where Mr. Murray laid on the ground, stood over him, and shot him in the head. 

            Using video surveillance footage from before, during, and after the shooting, detectives created a still shot of the shooter and showed it to a witness familiar with the defendant.  The witness was able to identify the person in the still from the video surveillance, the individual who shot Mr. Murray in the head, as Glenn Dolford. 

            The plea was an 11(c)(1)(c) plea. The agreed upon sentence is 22.5 years followed by five years of supervised release. 

            In announcing the plea, United States Attorney Matthew M. Graves and Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert J. Contee, III, commended the work of the officers and detectives with the MPD, most notably the lead detective from the Homicide Unit, Michael Pepperman, as well as the prosecutor, Assistant U.S. Attorney Marybeth Manfreda.

Updated February 21, 2023

Violent Crime
Firearms Offenses
Press Release Number: 23-89